Adult Ed and Bible Study
Weekly reading© Liturgical Publications Inc
Readings for the week of August 1, 2021
- Sunday: Ex 16:2-4, 12-15 / Ps 78:3-4, 23-24, 25, 54 [24b] / Eph 4:17, 20-24 / Jn 6:24-35
- Monday: Nm 11:4b-15 / Ps 81:12-13, 14-15, 16-17 [2a] / Mt 14:13-21
- Tuesday: Nm 12:1-13 / Ps 51:3-4, 5-6ab, 6cd-7, 12-13 [cf. 3a] / Mt 14:22-36 or
- Mt 15: 1-2, 10-14
- Wednesday: Nm 13:1-2, 25—14:1, 26-29a, 34-35 / Ps 106:6-7ab, 13-14, 21-22, 23 [4a] / http://www.usccb.org/bible/readings/080521.cfm
- Mt 15: 21-28
- Thursday: Nm 20:1-13 / Ps 95:1-2, 6-7, 8-9  / Mt 16:13-23
- Friday: Dn 7:9-10, 13-14 / Ps 97:1-2, 5-6, 9 [1a and 9a] / 2 Pt 1:16-19 / Mk 9:2-10
- Saturday: Dn 6:4-13 / Ps 18: 28, 3-4. 47 and 51 / Mk 17:14-20
- Next Sunday: 1 Kgs 19:4-8 / Ps 34:2-3, 4-5, 6-7, 8-9 [9a] / Eph 4:30—5:2 / Jn 6:41-51
Sunday Mass / Reading Reflections Resources
The Bible App for Kids is a free app for Android, Apple, and Kindle devices, available in over 50 languages. The App introduces children to 41 of the “big” Bible stories and helps them understand the overall story that the Bible is telling. Throughout each story, fun, interactive animations keep children engaged, and select stories even include games designed to help them learn, understand, and retain important Bible story concepts.
Catholic Kids Media provides quality Catholic programming for kids to help parents and teachers instruct children in the Catholic faith and practices. These videos tackle questions such as "What is the Eucharist?" and "What is the Trinity?"
Loyola Press Catholic Resources are a library of activities for the family, liturgical year, prayer,
sacraments, saints, Scripture and tradition, and Ignatian spirituality.
The Religion Teacher provides a large collection of Catholic religious education activities for various liturgical seasons, topics, and age levels. The activities include crafts, worksheets, prayer ideas, etc.
The Video Catechism for Teens includes videos developed around the Creed, sacraments, morality, and prayer. At the heart of each video is a key message from the Catechism of the Catholic Church, presented in stories and language that make it more understandable for young people.
The Saint Mary’s Press Resource Center presents hundreds of free activities, videos, and teachings organized by theme (church, Jesus, morality, prayer, sacraments, Scripture, social justice). Liturgical resources (liturgical events, prayer, and seasonal activities), activities, and media.
Background and activities from grade 1 through 8 and the whole family to better understand the Sunday Scripture readings and connect them to daily life in a meaningful way.